Date: Saturday, Jan 21st, 2012
Time: All Day
Location: Stuart’s Opera House
Stuart’s Opera House in Nelsonville is hosting the Cabin Fever Festival this Saturday at 6 p.m. This event is now in its third year and features an all-Ohio lineup of bands and musicians including Buffalo Killers, Lydia Loveless, Nick Tolford & Company, The Sundresses, Sportfishing USA, and legendary local singer-songwriter J.D. Hutchison.
A Music Swap Meet and sale featuring records, CD’s and more will start in the lobby at 1 p.m.
The show will include…
• According to the release, Cincinnati’s Buffalo Killers just released their third album, “3,” on Alive Records in 2011. Formed in 2006 out of Thee Shams, Buffalo Killers play garage rock in bars around the country, opening up several dates for the Black Crowes.
• Lydia Loveless, from Columbus, released her newest album “Indestructible Machine” with Bloodshot Records and made several year-end “best of” lists including Spin Magazine’s 2011 Best of Country and Americana list, according to the release. She draws influences from punk rock and Charles Bukowski to Loretta Lynn and Patsy Cline.
• The Sundresses, formed in Cincinnati in 2002, have played all over the country including several stops at Austin’s South by Southwest. The Sundresses are three people, but they use two drummers, two singers, two guitar players and one five-foot-tall bass player, according to the release.
• Sportfishing USA is a three-piece rock and roll band from Yellow Springs, Ohio.
• Rounding out the night’s lineup is Athens’ own J.D. Hutchison, who will open the night with a performance in Stuart’s lobby at 6 p.m. Hutchison made his name as front-man for the nationally recognized Hutchison Brothers bluegrass band back in the ’70s, and has been playing solo and with his band, RealBilly Jive, for decades in and around Athens.
In addition to the music upstairs beginning at 6 p.m., Stuart’s Opera House will also host a Music Swap Meet in the lobby starting at 1 p.m., according to the release. The Music Swap Meet will feature vendors selling records, CDs, tapes and more, and admission is free.
Full schedule for the day is:
• 1 p.m.: Record/Music Swap (in lobby)
• 6 p.m.: JD Hutchison (in lobby)
• 7 p.m.: Sportfishing USA
• 8 p.m.: Lydia Loveless
• 9 p.m.: The Sundresses
• 10 p.m.: Nick Tolford & Company
• 11 p.m.: Buffalo Killers
More Upcoming Events
Old Time Jam Night
Date: | Time:
Join us Thursday, June 1st for the Stuart's Opera House monthly Old Time Jam night! What should I expect? Instructor Joe Burdock will lead attendees in learning a fiddle tune...
Happy Hollow Hootenanny
Date: | Time:
The Stuart's Opera House Arts Education Department has reimagined Old Time Music Week into a 4 day camp-out at Snow Fork Event Center in Nelsonville teaching and celebrating the music,...
The Local Honeys at Happy Hollow Hootenanny
Date: | Time:
The Local Honeys kick off the evening concert series at the Happy Hollow Hootenanny with a FREE performance.