Date: Thursday, Sep 9th, 2010
Time: 7:30 pm
Location: Stuart’s Opera House
- We like to play music, stringband music. We call it stringband music because it’s just too tedious to try and get into whether it’s old time, bluegrass, ragtime, country, or general freakout music.
- We have done so since 2002, mostly based out of Richmond, VA.
- We’ve been lots of places, including all throughout the USA, the UK, Ireland, and a little piece of Europe. Some of our festival highlights have been: Tønder, Celtic Connections, The Shetland Folk Festival, The Orkney Folk Festival, South By Southwest, Floyd Fest, Bristol Rhythm and Roots Festival, The Watermelon Park Festival, The Northeast Kingdom Music Festival, Didmarton Bluegrass Festival, Maverick Festival, HebCeltFest, Speyfest, Leicester Summer Sundae and multiple occasions Edinburgh Festival Fringe (including a Herald Angel Award in 2006).
- We like to: play fast, be funny, spasm, herk and jerk, eat exotic and frightening things, and ride in a van.
- We love each other, we love you!
- We are Ben, Graham, Jake, Josh, and Ed.
More Upcoming Events
Date: | Time:
For four weeks, youth 10-18 can participate in art workshops including music, theater, movement, and visual arts.
Date: | Time:
Old Time Music Week is a part of the Arts Education program at Stuart’s Opera House which reflects the rich traditions of music and storytelling of our Appalachian Foothills Region.