Civic Tourism AmeriCorps Description
Skills and Qualifications: This position requires an individual to be self-motivated, able to follow directions, possess good organizational and communication skills, and be capable of working independently with limited supervision and in a team. Interest in working in the arts, non-profit sector, marketing, education, or related fields required. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and have experience using social media and online publishing software in a professional capacity. Must have or be pursuing a college degree. Must have a valid driver’s license, be insured and have own transportation; mileage reimbursement for service related travel. Must be available to serve some hours in the evenings and weekends. Usual hours of service will be M-F during regular office hours of 10:00-5:00 pm in addition to night and weekend hours during events as needed.
The AmeriCorps member will assist staff in coordinating programming and helping to build capacity of the Education and Community Center and lobby space at Stuart’s Opera House and community outreach/pandic capacity recovery. Stuart’s Opera House, a historic theater and arts center, is a regional leader in the performing arts for Southeastern Ohio. The member will help to promote the space as a community asset, grow and manage a robust volunteer program, and assist the organization as needed with community and arts programming.
Location: Stuart’s Opera House in Nelsonville, Ohio
Duties and responsibilities of the AmeriCorps Member: The member is responsible for building the capacity of Stuart’s Opera House through promoting the space to groups, businesses, and community members. The member will assist Stuart’s Opera House staff in developing and promoting events, programs, and activities in the new Stuart’s Opera House Education and Community Center. Successful candidates will have an interest in promoting the arts and music.
The member will:
- Volunteer engagement: keep Volunteer Manual updated, manage outreach and engagement, develop and implement volunteer training.
- Assist in evaluating Arts Education Program: Study Creative engagement, Creative Youth Development, etc. and how best to communicate and align our curriculum with Creative Community Building
- Assisting Marketing Director with as it relates to outreach and engagement
- Assist with arts ed programs: running zooms, survey creation, artist outreach, marketing plans, etc
- Assist the Events and Box Office Manager in developing and promoting events in the Stuart’s Opera House Education and Community Center
- Give tours of the facility to interested groups and individuals, answers questions regarding the space and its history, and act as a point of contact for partners and stakeholders interested in using the Education and Community Center
- Work with Stuart’s Opera House staff, photographers, volunteers, and community members to collect promotional materials and assets to help tell the story of Stuart’s Opera House, with a focus on the new spaces at the Stuart’s Education and Community Center, special events, and the Opera House’s historical place in the community.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings
- Complete activity reports monthly, required timesheets and monthly reports in the OnCorps online system and through email
- All other duties as assigned within the limitations of this member description.
Additional Information: Rural Action, Appalachian Ohio Restore Corps and Ohio Hill Country Heritage Area will adhere to all regulations concerning non-discrimination and equal opportunity regulations as outlined in federal and state law. Rural Action, Appalachian Ohio Restore Corps makes this program available to all without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, political affiliation and religion.
To apply for this job please visit ruralaction.org.