Stuart’s Opera House is seeking a passionate and experienced fundraiser to join the staff of the premier arts organization in Southeast Ohio! The Development Director position is fundamental to the success and growth of Stuart’s Opera House and the Nelsonville Music Festival and our role in leading the creative economy in our region. This position will prioritize securing and growing major gifts for one of the most successful nonprofit organizations in the state.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director, works closely with the Artistic Director, and supervises the Development Associate. This position is based at Stuart’s Opera House in Nelsonville, Ohio with flexible scheduling/remote work/work from home as agreed upon.
Full-time/Salaried commensurate with experience starting $60,000.
Benefits: Paid Time Off; Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance; Retirement match; Flexible and hybrid work-schedule.
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com
Stuart’s Opera House is the cornerstone of the historic Public Square in Nelsonville. It is dedicated to its role as a regional leader in the arts community, a center for public expression, and an economic development partner for Southeast Ohio, with an annual operating budget of around $1.7M including the Nelsonville Music Festival. Our mission includes our year-round vibrant and nationally recognized arts education program that is made accessible to all regardless of socio-economic status.
Stuart’s Opera House produces 75 live events annually in our historic theater, a robust and growing arts education program that is free and accessible to our community, and the annual and highly acclaimed Nelsonville Music Festival.
The Development Director is responsible for overseeing and managing all development and fundraising at Stuart’s Opera House. This position is charged with prioritizing and securing new and significant annual gifts to grow and sustain a dynamic and successful nonprofit arts organization in Southeast Ohio. Additionally, this position will develop and implement a fundraising plan, grow membership and donors, oversee successful NMF sponsorship program, and supervise the Development Associate. The Development Director is responsible for ensuring that the mission is fully funded through major gifts, grants, membership/donations, and corporate sponsorship. This position also manages the growth of our planned giving program and our endowment.
The Development Director will work closely with the Executive Director, the Artistic Director, and the Stuart’s Opera House Development Committee composed of members of the Stuart’s Opera House Board of Directors and non-board members.
- Interest in being part of a regionally-impactful, community-focused, successful revenue-generating nonprofit and social enterprise.
- Passion for and understanding of Stuart’s Opera House’s mission and ability to communicate it to others.
- Prior management of, or marked success in, fundraising for a non-profit.
- Outgoing personality unafraid to make the big ask.
- Background in grant management, including grant-writing, reporting, and stakeholder engagement.
- Overall donor/stakeholder management and engagement on all fronts.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and see the “big picture”.
- Excellent communication skills, in person and both written and verbal.
- At least five years of proven experience raising funds from large and small donors.
- Strong desire to get out of the office, build external relationships, initiate donor visits and fundraising calls
- Ability to use a database system to analyze information, develop prospects, and run reports (Stuart’s Opera House currently uses GiftWorks).
- Ability to take the initiative and lead and also work collaboratively and supportively in a team, as needed.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Stuart’s Opera House is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and is committed to making employment decisions based on merit. We are committed to complying with any and all pertinent Federal, State and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of employment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org